The name of this post is covering quite extensive part of NAPA and many issues. We can customize more less everything in NAPA. Sounds amazing?
So lets make a list from top of my head what you can customize :
- resources of NAPA - it means, that you can change color, fonts, sizes of different "building blocks" of environment. e.g. color of text windows, hight of text in whole environment, the color of windows ....
- additional buttons - you can add new buttons in all NAPA windows below main toolbars, but you can also add menu items in your current menu (I know how to do it at least in main window)
- change default icons to something you like more or you can create your own
- windows and tools as new widgets - this option is giving almost whatever possibilities and of course you can create your own NAPA tools
- managers - this is the most common and official way of NAPA customization
In this post I'll start with adjusting of so called resources/resource files. Below is an example of two versions of resource files.
The first screenshot represents default theme and the second my own settings. I made 4 different settings.
- Background color
- Foreground color
- Text background color
- Size of the text
If you want to do the same you have to save a text file of this shape :
napa*background : Dimgray
And save this as either RES*your_user_ID or RES*SYSTEM into database SYSDB (DB2). The first form is for customizing of your own run of NAPA and the second is for all users.